Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Even small successes deserve a celebration

Tuesday is Weigh-In Day. After last week's weigh-in I was a little nervous stepping on the scale today but all my hard work paid off. I lost 1.1pound of the 5 I had gained back. I am proud of the loss simply because its a loss.

What I am most proud of is the fact that I was on the treadmill several times this past week. I earned a total of 15 activity points. Considering I was averaging about 2 or 3 activity points a week... 15 is a pretty good success. We bought a new treadmill on Saturday, and I bought new running shoes on Sunday so I have been super excited about getting on the treadmill. The new one seems to work me harder but is so much easier on my knees and back. The old treadmill was several years old and after about 15 minutes my knees would hurt and my back would be killing me. This new treadmill has a smoother and more cushioned tread so I am able to go longer, faster, and harder without the extra pain. OK, this may sound gross, but I find that I sweat a LOT more when I am walking on the new treadmill. I guess that means I am working harder, but I don't feel like I am working harder. Oh well, all I know is I am loving the treadmill and the shoes :-) Did I mention how much I love my new treadmill??

The one thing I really need to figure out, and if anyone has any suggestions please post them, the best time for me to do my walk/run. I am not a morning person so first thing in the morning is not the best suggestion. I have tried getting up earlier and it is just SOOOOO hard. I know I know, I could just suck it up and do it, but I figure if I am that averse to getting up, then I am not going to want to get up AND get on the treadmill. Anyway... my normal routine is that I get home from work, make dinner, eat dinner, then after dinner I change into my walking clothes and get on the treadmill. Now this is causing me to have some "tummy trouble." but if I wait until my dinner digests then I am tired and not interested in walking. So my dilemma is when I should walk. I guess I need to figure things out so that I can get into a routine and stick with it.

Cindy 
~~Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment