Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Another setback but a really great day!

Well the jar system is not working as well as I thought, it is really frustrating and stressful actually. It seems like no matter when I try to do something like this everything that can go "wrong" does. My older son ended up needing to go to the doctor and get a prescription, which is all part of the monthly budget but since the budget is broken into weekly amounts now it immediately threw me over budget for the week which meant I had to pull money from other areas which would then put me over budget again. Then my youngest son came to me and asked me if he could have money to go to a concert and since he rarely asks for anything like that I can't say no. He's a great kid and doesn't ask for much so of course I'm going to do what I can to give him the money for the concert. So I have just decided to adjust my monthly budget and continue to go from there. Its a system I have been using successfully so I'm OK with that. I'm not sure why I thought it needed to be changed. 

I do have to say that  had a really great day today! My daughter lives 2 hours away and I don't get to see her very often. Even when she moved out to go to college she lived just around the corner. She and I have always been very close and when she lived close by we would go to lunch together and go shopping. about a year ago she moved 2 hours south of me and now I only get to see her every once in a while and that's usually on birthdays and holidays. We never get to just go have lunch and go shopping. My husband and I like to go for drives and today we decided to go for a drive to an outlet mall about and hour away from our house. On the way there I was texting with my daughter and told her where we were going and she said she said that her and her boyfriend had some shopping to do to and that they could meet us at the mall! I was so excited to get to have a day of shopping with my baby girl! We had lunch and then we spent all day at the outlet mall shopping and talking and just having a great time. I was SO proud of myself too because we went into the Dooney and Bourke outlet store AND the Coach outlet store and I didn't buy anything at either of those stores! I did buy a few kitchen gadgets (like $16), a comfy pair of jammies from Jocky for $30, and some slippers from Easy Spirit for only $9!! I felt really good that I resisted the temptation of my biggest weakness - PURSES!! The best part of the whole day was just shopping with my baby girl. Se is so grown up now, she is 23 years old and has her own house now. It was really cool to watch her and her boyfriend discussing decor for their home. :-)
Anyway, even though my jar system didn't pan out the way I had hoped, and actually caused me more stress LOL, all in all today has been a great day! 

Cindy 
~~Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment