Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm a Recipe Maker!!

I can't believe it!! I actually created my very own recipe! Well sort of, I tweaked a recipe from Emily Bites. I absolutely love her banana, chocolate chip, oatmeal muffins (as does my whole family)! Well my husband  is a big fan of apple cinnamon oatmeal and I thought that it would be super yummy for him if I could make him some apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins, so I played around with Emily's recipe and viola I came up with an apple cinnamon oatmeal muffin that my hubby loves and it is healthy and Weight Watcher's friendly!



Ingredients:
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup (2 packages) of Apple Cinnamon instant oatmeal 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon sugar 2 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup of apple juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 small red apple, peeled, cored, and diced
Directions:
1.    Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 or 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.    Combine the dry ingredients n a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed (I use my hands to break apart all the brown sugar lumps). 
3.    In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (NOT the apples). Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Fold in the apple pieces.
4.    Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups (I use an ice cream scoop). Bake uncovered for 22 - 25 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

18 oatmeal singles. Weight Watchers Points plus = 3 per muffin 
12 oatmeal singles Weight Watchers Points Plus = 4 per muffin


*Points Plus calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com


Cindy 
~~Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment