Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Small setback with a touch of success


Well, after being off school for 2 weeks and sleeping in until like 9:00, 10:00, and even 11:00 on a couple of the days I was slightly out of my mind when I thought I could start off by waking up at 5:30 in the morning. I had high hopes and even had my alarm set for 5:30, but when I woke up around 3:30am I knew there was no way I was gonna carry myself out of bed and on to the treadmill in 2 hours. SO instead of 7:00 I reset my alarm for 6:30 which I did honor, when it went off I only hit the snooze button once LOL. I figure I'm using baby steps to get us out of debt and build up our savings account I should use baby steps to becoming a morning person as well. I didn't get to get on the treadmill but I did get my devotional done. I should be on the treadmill right now, but instead I'm busy blogging and thinking about making a bag of caramel popcorn. LOL.

I did have a couple of  small successes with controlling my spending over the last couple days. As I said I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and today was the first day back to work and I was/am completely exhausted. I had to stop at the grocery store on my home from work. Now right next to the grocery store is a Subway and a Chinese take out place. Normally I would have just picked up dinner at one of those places and justified the spending in my head somehow but instead I went right past them and made a yummy Stuffed Pepper Soup for dinner. It was perfect for such a cold night (29 degrees here in Florida!!) and I had everything here at my house to make it.

My other financial success was I discovered an auction website called Listia (http://www.listia.com/signup/1037727). I have always been a big eBay fan and have bought and sold on eBay for a long time now but eBay charges a fee to list items for sale and if you win an auction, of course, you have to pay for the item. Well I discovered Listia through a friend and it is a place where you can list things to give away and then other people bid on the auction with credits (not money) and then at the end of the auction the highest bidder gets the item and you get the credits, which you can then turn around and use to "buy" stuff you want. the best part is a LOT of the sellers offer free shipping so the items are really free! I have listed some of my old clothes, shoes, and purses and have gotten quite a few credits which I then used to get myself some new-to-me clothes. It is an awesome system and it is totally free (unless you win an auction that requires you to pay shipping) This is a great alternative to shopping on eBay and it doesn't cost me anything!! I've gotten several  shirts, jeans, and dresses all for free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment